laughatme-laurel

Friday, March 21, 2008

Best kept secrets...


Believe it or not my friends, but I can keep a "secret." This was a particularly hard secret to keep especially with so many of my blogging friends having babies...but I did it! I suppose it helps that I have a paranoid sort of fear of sharing TMI via blogs, but none-the-less, here's the latest...I HAD A BABY!

It's hard to believe it actually happened. The labor was...not fun...but surprisingly a heck of a lot easier than with my first...is that standard procedure? After my 16 hours of labor (a full hour of just pushing) with The Snack I was in bad shape, but this time, in comparison, it was a piece of cake (if we can ever refer to labor in that way) only 7 hours (with an epidural) and 3 pushes and there she was. I was so happy when she came so quickly that I was like laughing when I was done...I was truly ecstatic!

This is a pic from a couple hours after delivery. The Snack loves "Baby O" and is so excited that she is finally here. Bryce did a really good job preparing The Snack to be a good big brother, so we've been blessed not to have to deal with jealousy...so far! I wish I could say we've also been "blessed" with no sleep deprivation...but I guess we'll have to work on that one!

7 comments:

The Nelsen Family: said...

I just have to say it again, congrats congrats congrats! She is SO cute. :)

Laurel said...

Goodness gracious!!! That is some secret! Congratulations new mom. I wish you much happiness and sleep if that is possible.

Megan said...

Wow! Congratulations. That is so wonderful. How sweet to have a boy and a girl. You look great by the way.

Traci said...

Wow!!! You are one awesome secret keeper for sure! Congrats to you and your family! A new little girl to love! Best wishes to you all! She looks adorable too! I bet your son is so excited to be the BIG Brother!
Also, too funny that you knew who the CTR teacher was in my ward- small world!!!

Jennifer said...

CONGRATS!!! I typed one of these up already but I think I managed to mess it up...I think I closed out of it before it transmitted it. It's one of those days.

I had heard you were preggy, though I must admit, I had forgotten about it until you mentioned it again. My brain can't seem to remember anything lately. Congrats, she is beautiful!

april said...

CONGRATS!!! i think i thought you were pregnant when i saw you briefly in december, but i too had forgotten. so this was a fun surprise. i'll have to email laina for the actual name. you look great, glad the labor was better and enjoy this precious "fresh from God" stage. i know the sleep deprivation stinks, but that newborn stage goes fast.

laina kay said...

Yay! So fun to see O's sweet face on your blog! Can't wait to see her in person... someday! Loves to Snack and say 'hi' to Grandma for us.