laughatme-laurel

Thursday, September 18, 2008

it's my birthday and I'll eat what I want to, eat what I want to...

...you would cry too if it happened to you. Ok...so I'm not exactly crying about all the wonderful treatment (and treats) I received for my birthday, but come scale time and I might start! This year brought a feeling of elderly-ness and a lot terrific foods, here's how it went:
  • Made from scratch chocolate cupcakes with a heavenly frosting, from a friend
  • Lunch with the girls at Fuddruckers (heavy on the dippin' sauces & soda mix-ins)
  • Bryce's marvelous dinner of Carbonarra, Caesar salad, and fresh strawberry's & kiwi (topped with a sugar glaze of course!)
  • A strawberry's and red velvet ice cream cake from Cold Stone
  • A gift of "Sublime" white chocolate candies
  • 2 inch thick homemade brownies with Milky Way's melted inside, from another friend

...and the scale says, "ouch, they may love you - but I sure don't! Go take a walk...or two."

4 comments:

laina kay said...

Mmmmm.... jealous! Sounds like you had a delicious birthday! Glad it was happy! Hope your year is just as sweet...

Katie said...

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!" I am singing to you now, just so you know. How yummy! I'm sure the scale however is saying, "Oh there you are!" I'm glad you had such a wonderful day. Gotta love the hubby and good friends!

april said...

happy birthday. all sounds yummy; my hubbie might be getting that cold stone cake for me come my next birthday. that sounds divine.

Shaka said...

sounds like a YUMMY birthday!! you weren't eating out of depression of turning 31 were you? he-he!!
don't you just love fuddruckers!? i thought they were yummy when i ate there this past summer.