laughatme-laurel

Thursday, November 1, 2007

83% Texan


I may be biased, but I think he's the cutest darn cowboy I've ever laid eyes on! (and I'm not really into cowboys). As you all know I was looking to go the easy route this Halloween, so The Snack happened to have these itty bitty Wranglers in his wardrobe which, in my non-cowboy-loving opinion, could be worn for nothing but a costume! So the inspiration finally did come, I just had to search a bit for it. I even found The Dad-n's cowboy belt buckle (a gift from an outside source...obviously!) which was super large on The Snack, and perfect for a real rodeo cowboy! Yes those boots are real snake skin (borrowed of course). And the bandanna is real....uhmmm girls camp issue? Ok, so we didn't go fully Texas here, but we sure tried. Actually my husband always says that percentage wise The Snack is more Texan than anything else...Yikes! I think it's starting to show because he's actually a little obsessed with cowboys these days (somehow I took out a cowboy book as well as a cowboy Bob the Builder video from the Library as a fluke recently, and now The Snack just can't get enough cowboy...hence the PJ's pic...he loves the look...day or night!) And it sure seems to work as far as winning over the ladies, you can see he caught himself a couple of cowgirls here

The Dad-n and I even had some fun this year. Our friends had their annual Halloween costume party, so I wrestled The Dad-n into a costume (he HATES dressing up, but finally agreed to think of something and settled on a masking tape mummy) I went as a pirate because my other choices according the the flier from the party store were; half naked hooker, half naked waitress, half naked nurse, or half naked Gypsy. We ended up winning this apple eating contest...which I guess proves we're either good kissers, or good at biting each others heads off! All in all, it was a fun filled Halloween. I think year 2 is the best for trick or treating...The Snack actually recognized this year that it was candy everyone was giving him, but now can't understand how it is possible that it is "all gone" as I keep telling him when he begs for it!
Well, now I'm off to search the candy bag for chocolate...Twix if I'm lucky...So I'm curious...what candy are you stealing from your kids stash this year?

7 comments:

Shaka said...

the twixs too!
he looks great-such a cute little guy! you better hurry and get back here before he's all texan! can't have that! he-he!
i think your costume was great but you should have been the half naked something!
congrats on the apple contest!
is it christmas yet?

Traci said...

Twix used to be my fave when I was a young lad. My son for some unknown reason doesn't really like chocolate so I have been dipping into his treat bag for anything chocolate!

laina kay said...

Snack looks so cute as a cowboy!

Twix, Almond Joy, where are the 100 Grand Bars this year? Aww... whatever I'm not picky, I work my way down my favorites repeatedly, eventually even Paydays are acceptable. Sad but true.

Traci said...

Way to win the apple eating contest. I would think it means you are good kissers!!!
Love the cute cowboy costume, even if you aren't into those!!! It may just grow on you!

laina kay said...

how could i forget... the elusive blue tootsie roll... mmmm....

Michelle said...

CUTE costume! He makes a cute cowboy.

Looks like a fun party. What you didn't want to go half naked to the party :o

I'm taking all the snickers from my oldest because he hates nuts. Yeah for me. Some kit kats and twix baby!

Megan said...

I love the twix too! He looks so cute. I love the cowboy costume. It looks like a fun adult party! The games look like a blast.