laughatme-laurel

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Poop.

Ok...so NOT a picture worthy post. We visited friends this past weekend, and they have a boy about the same age as The Snack, who is potty training. Well...it got a little quiet so I sent Dad-n to check it out. He came back looking green. "Poop" was all he could say. The other boy had let one slide right onto the floor and was playing in it! Fortunately The Snack only had a little tiny bit on his foot. Oh boy. But of course we didn't learn our lesson! Yes...it happened again! This time we weren't so fortunate. The Snack comes to me with what looks like chocolate on his hands (and I soon noticed everywhere else). My friend and I both go "oh that isn't..." Yeah, it was. I should have just asked for a hose this time! I just hope and pray that The Snack doesn't get any ideas!!!!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is it with boys and poop?! My son was completely intrigued by his poop. Thankfully we are past that, but just barely. I didn't realize that motherhood was code for "waste manager" but it is. I've dealt with more poop in the last 6 years than I could ever had imagines. It's a glamorous job, isn't it?!

laina kay said...

Ewww!! Hmmm... don't invite that friend over to play until he completes his potty training Training!

Michelle said...

LOL!! That is just too funny. My little one plays with his poop. We have found him just coloring his crip and wall with it. So we know have to tape his diaper whenever he goes down for a nap or to bed. Gross huh! Don't know why I shared that.

Megan said...

Just blog hopping and come upon your blog. I'm so sorry but they sound very unpleasant. I don't know why kids find that to be so interesting! Later in life you will be able to tease him.

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

So does everyone's kid do this?! I was really hoping to avoid the poop obsession...it sounds like I might not be able to.

Shaka said...

oh, yuck!!!

Anonymous said...

sounds deliciouse and nutritiouse... I know... I spelt wrong in purpose... sos... I needs to does a page my own.... hmmmm...

Michelle said...

No not every kid, my older two didn't do it. However my brother did. Hmmm....

laina kay said...

me, again. hmmm... comments from hedda and liz. lucky you! neither have ever said so much as boo on my blog! (whine)

anyhoo, i was a tad harsh in my previous comment. i'm sure snack's friend is a lovely child, i just can't even imagine cleaning up another kid's poop in my own house. (shuddering)

no, not all kids do that. none of mine ever have. out of all of them cha-cha had the most poopy mishaps but never played in it. none of my kids have ever enjoyed finger painting, either though. connection? tactile defensive... can be a good thing!

also, waiting to potty train until they understand that excrement is kind of yucky can be helpful!