laughatme-laurel

Monday, October 22, 2007

Pumpkins and hayrides and bounce house backflips, oh my!

We finally did it! We pretended it's autumn (we're in Texas). And we took a trip to the pumpkin patch with our playgroup friends. It was great! Being from New England I was a bit bummed that it was like nearly 90 degrees and MUGGY (no sweaters or fall foliage) but we tolerated it and everyone had a blast.



There were pumpkins galore, and all sorts of festive decorations, but really the best part of this trip was that I learned I have a secret knack for gymnastics! At the bottom of this bouncy slide thing I went to sit down and somehow my butt connected with nothing but air, and I did a total back flip, completely by accident...and landed on my feet on the ground four feet below! I absolutely thought I was going to die the whole way down (it's amazing how many things can pass through your mind in 3 seconds). Once my friends determined I was ok we all cracked up. Of course the woman in charge came over and reprimanded me for fooling around and I'm like, "Oh no, I really don't have that kind of talent! That was a total accident." I don't think she believed me! Oh how I wish it had been caught on camera. I'm sure it was worthy of a win on Funniest Home Videos!!!

12 comments:

Laurel said...

Okay, that was funny! I think physical humor is the best of all, but that makes me laugh at the most inappropriate times. Thanks for the giggle!

Shaka said...

fall in the east has been hot too! so you aren't missing out on anything. he-he! sounds like a fun day! i'm impressed with the flip!

Traci said...

Love going to the pumpkin patch. I could even go more than once! Hey our weather here in CT has been really weird. I keep having to pull out the summer clothes for the tykes to wear to school. I guess I won't complain. I will take all the nice weather I can!
Congrats on the backflip- wish it was taped too!!

Michelle said...

Okay that place looks familier. Well the red tractor does. Is that pumpkin patch out in Flower Mound? If it is I have pictures of my boys on that tractor. We loved that patch so much.

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

Michelle...yeah that's the one. Isn't it fantastic!

Soooo...were you a Texan??

april said...

i was going to tell you that the weather out here in the east has been warm, but it looks like other northeasterners beat me to the punch. i miss the crisp, cool weather too!

i had no idea you could accidentally do a back flip; kudos for landing on your feet! very impressive, indeed!

Laura said...

Pumpkin patches are the best! I love it when there is a bounce house too! It just gets you so excited for Halloween and the fall- there is such a fun feeling in the air! Looks like you guys had a blast!

Shaka said...

hey you've been tagged! today is a beautiful fall day. sunshine but that perfect crisp in the air-just thought you would like to know!

Megan said...

Looks like you had a blast! I love going to pumpkin patches. It was very hot the weekend we went as well.

laina kay said...

Don't have too much fun in Texas! You still must return to New England! Foliage... foliage... foliage... crisp night air... fat harvest moons... the smell of smoke curling out of chimneys! Sorry, can't let you forget where you come from!

Cute pictures, by the way! Can't wait to see Snack at Christmas!

laina kay said...

Oh and the back flip... great description! See, I'm not the only one who falls down. I may not be quite as graceful but...

Shaka said...

hey, i've tagged you again! where are you? check my blog for info!